(Please note you are currently on the main His People Joburg site. Click the down arrow next to our church logo to return to your relevant congregation’s page.)
As a church, we are committed to social outreach in the city of Johannesburg.
In fact, we give 5% of all our income to those in need. We desire to show Jesus in a very tangible way to those who find themselves in desperate situations. Our goal is to bring a future and a hope to the orphan, the widow, the poor and the sick through a number of different projects, outreaches and initiatives under the banner of our social outreach arm called Masiphane.
- AFRICA HAVENS provide homes, loving nurture and the hands of Christ to touch, heal and bring wholeness to body and soul for children from the most difficult of circumstances. We currently have six children’s homes, each re-creating a home environment for children who have lost theirs. For more information, please contact Candace at email@example.com or visit www.africanhavens.org
- HOME-BASE is designed to support orphans in the 18 to 25 year old range. The goal is to care for and equip these young men and women as they pursue training and further education and begin to negotiate the next season of their lives. For more information, please contact Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.home-base.org
- MALIBONGWE impacts the lives of women with children who have no way of earing a living, by training them and placing them in suitable employment or by helping them to start home businesses. For more information, please contact Priscilla at email@example.com
- TRANSFORMATION VREDEDORP serves the children of Vrededorp through an after-school homework programme and feeding scheme. For four afternoons a week, these children come to a place of peace and safety and receive a free lunch and are inspired to take their education seriously. On Fridays, they enjoy a sports afternoon and remember what it is to simply be a child. For more information, please contact Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- URBAN VISION serves people challenged by inner-city issues by assisting in feeding, accommodation and serving them in partnership with a local shelter. For more information, please contact Julius on Julius@hispeoplejoburg.org